Thursday, August 27, 2009

SCHOOL TIME!!!

I just finished my first two days of class and i would say they went pretty well, I think i am really going to like my volcanology class (study of volcanoes) we get to/ have to go on 3 or 4 field trips and each one sounds soo cool. We will go explore different volcanoes and do other fun stuff in the area and each one is only going to cost 25 dollars which includes our travel and such! I also think im really going to like my photography class, it is going to cost me alot of money but in the end i think it will be worth it! My school is really nice and their are always a ton of students all over campus now that classes have already started. You can tell though that only the wealthier kids go to this school though because every one dresses up really nice for class always have really nice things lol. Nothing like in the United States where you can roll out of bed and go to class in your hoodie and sweat pants.

On Tuesday I didnt have class and so i went to el mercado (market) with my padres and it was amazing! It was alot like a farmers market only multiply the amount of produce by 20. Each family or group that was selling food had huge truck loads and piles of food. it was amazing! We bought soo much fresh and veggies. The amount we bought would probably cost 100 dollars and i dont think they paid much more than 20 if that!!!! The bag of oranges that we bought was GINORMOUS! standing up it probably came almost to my waist and was about 2 feet wide! And we will probably finish that bag this week because we have fresh orange juice every morning! :-)
The food here is still pretty good, i havent had anything that i didnt like. And I guarantee that Im eating much healthier food even though they eat alot of starches because we always have fresh food, and fresh juice or water with everymeal. There isnt any frozen or boxed foods!! Although something that they dont eat ofter here is peanut butter and i was having a horrible craving for some so today before i came home i stopped at the supermaxi and bought some peabut butter!!! which was expensive but well worth it. When i got home and had tea and toast i was very excited to lather my bread in peanut butter!!!

Hope you are all enjoying your cheap peanut butter as much as im enjoying mine!!!

Hasta Luego!

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like you are having wonderfully exciting adventures almost every day!! It has been so fun following what you are doing. Just the excitement in your notes is enough to understand how much fun you are having. So dressing up for school???? I don't think anyone in the US has ever done that! What time is your first class? Do you know what their address is? I'm sure Papa will want to send you some peanut butter! We had dinner tonight with him, I think he is missing you. Take care honey, we love you.
    Tracie and the boys

    ReplyDelete